As strong supporters of the Changing Places initiative we believe that everyone has a right to live in their community and access all of its facilities. Our range of products can be used within accessible changing place facilities.
This page recommends some of our products and Prism products most suitable for an accessible facility and can be purchased together and fitted at the same time. New facility managers will take guidance and recommendations from British Standard 8300:2009: This code of practice provides guidance on good practice for the design of new buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of disabled people.
The guidance in the Code of Practice covers disability facilities in buildings and areas, such as;
- major transport terminals – for example airports,
- motorway service stations,
- sport and leisure facilities and large hotels,
- museums, concert halls and art galleries,
- stadiums and large auditoriums,
- shopping centres and large shopping outlets,
- town halls, civic centres and main public libraries,
- schools, colleges etc,
- hospitals, health centres and doctor surgeries.